Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Beautiful cutlery

collecting vintage, silver cutlery is not an easy task in Australia, I often see my European blogger's showing there beautiful pieces picked up from markets or passed down through the generations. I have a collection of Dutch tea-spoons in sterling silver that my grandmother (Oma) gave me and I love bringing them out for morning-teas and coffee time. At-last I have found a company who will supply lily-g with beautiful old style cutlery,tea-spoons, and serving sets in stainless steel (no polishing) but not the price tag of s/silver!

3 comments:

vosgesparis said...

if you like to have different cuttelrly you should check out ZARA (st home), a spanish company with beautiful things for your house ;)I bought some really cheap but beautiful dark grey, blackish cutterly there, I look for the pictures and post on my blog

Villa Anna said...

I have been collecting vintage cutlery for a few years now and I have built up just about a complete set - mish mash of course. Not all are real silver unfortunately.

Anna :)

FrenchGardenHouse said...

I love the antique silver cutlery too. My own Oma gave me her sterling teaspoons, too! We have that in common. I love using them, they remind me of her.
here's to sweet memories of our Oma's!
xo Lidy