Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Going Minty

Fabric from Designers Guild that I'm using for cushions and part of the recovering of the sofa
My Antique chaise arrived today ready to be recovered,  The back of the sofa will have the DG fabric( featured above) in mint green and white flowers with the rest of the sofa covered in a beige velvet, with scatter cushions in fabrics from The DG collection.


The wall-paper from Ralph lauren is absolutely stunning in real life, the back ground is in bronze/gold tones and the actual birds and branches are pearlized white with mint green on the edges of the branches (you can not see it on this photo) It's a very expensive paper but the effect in the end will be well worth it.
I mentioned that I was re-doing my fashion area at lily-g, the section is divided into two areas and is separate from lily-g home. The back area is our change room and is a relatively small space, I have existing white silk curtains that I cant afford to remove so with a natural stone floors and pale pink walls the change is not difficult. We plan on repainting the walls a beige colour and featuring a few of the walls in this stunning Ralph Lauren paper, the room has an antique marble coffee table and gorgeous gold rattan chairs with a chandelier to work back perfectly, I have used a mint green DG rug but it wont be overdone as I'm only using touches of the green. The area off this room is where we have our clothing labels and this winter our fashion is blacks, creams and caramels as the main attraction, so I'm using the same RL paper but in Black and beige but creating an elegant but less formal lounge room setting. The refurb should be completed in 4-6 weeks time ready for our autumn launch of our winter collection.

11 comments:

Velvet and Linen said...

Oh Judy, if only I lived closer! The wall paper is absolutely gorgeous, and your chaise is going to look fantastic. What a beautiful piece. Can't wait to see your space when the transformation is complete.

xo
Brooke

gina said...

Beautiful paper you might want to check out Ron Redding and Antoinia Vella papers. Not pricey and have that elegant tonal look. Check out my wallpaper blog for more ideas.Good luck.

Alison Gibbs said...

Loving that wallpaper and how fabulous the chaise will look
Alison

Porchlight Interiors said...

Sounds stunning Judy! Great to see you using my favourite colour - green! Looking forward to seeing it when it is finished. Tracey xx

Rachael said...

Oooh! I'm so glad I found you...your blog is so gorgoeus! I will be back tonight to drool some more!

Ness Lockyer said...

This is going to be absolutely stunning Judy! I can not wait to see it done.
Ness xx

Brown Button Trading said...

Um, wow! How fantastic. Can't wait to see shots of the finished product. have fun! x

Brown Button Trading said...

Um, wow! How fantastic. Can't wait to see shots of the finished product. have fun! x

Brown Button Trading said...

Um, wow! How fantastic. Can't wait to see shots of the finished product. have fun! x

manon 21 said...

j' adore Designer Guild.
manon

The House That A-M Built said...

The chaise sounds divine and the wallpaper drool worthy. Can't wait to see it all. A-M xx